Minutes 7 Nov 2013

 

KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION – MINUTES

COMMITTEE MEETING 7th November 2013

 

Present – Geoff, Andrew, Tony, Pete, Martin

Apologies – Ian, Geraldine, Chris, Joanne, Myles, Lydia, Paul

 

NEXT MEETING:  7:30PM prior to AGM

ACTIONS

 

ANDREW –

  • Arrange annual bid to Banks Renewables
  • Respond to prospective purchaser of old safety boat
  • Andrew to look at submitting Sport England grant application for submission deadline deadline of 16th December

 

GEOFF –

  • Arrange access for Banks Renewables photographer and KSA help
  • Arrange boat bonfire for work day on 2nd March
  • Include piece on the new fee structure in Xmas newsletter

 

PETE –

  • Purchase wheel clamp for safety boat
  • Arrange safety boat training for late March
  • Cumbria police security cover for engine?

 

MYLES

  • Include item regarding constitutional change in AGM agenda

 

Minutes of meeting 12th September 2013 agreed

 

MATTERS ARISING

  • Andrew provided copy of lease to Martin.  Martin to review details for next meeting
  • Boat insurance has been arranged
  • Banks Renewables funds for safety boat:
    • Geoff to arrange access for their photographer and KSA help.
  • Andrew to raise annually proposals for further funding from them.
  • Recent Westmorland Gazette article was very good
  • Safetboat ‘bits’ – all bar wheel clamp done
  • Pete to arrange safety boat training for late March.  Existing drivers to be included for familiarisation with new boat.
  • Cumbria police security cover – Pete to arrange?
  • Geoff to organise boat bonfire for next workday – Sun 2nd March – wood boats only!

 

AGENDA ITEMS:

 

NEW FEE STRUCTURE

  • Andrew & Ian’s proposal to the committee was discussed and approved. This was noted to include no change to unwaged fee or joining fee.
  • To be announced to members in the Christmas Newsletter,

 

SALE OF OLD SAFETY BOAT

  • Committee approved sale of old boat for £1600 if more not obtainable.
  • Andrew to respond to prospective purchaser following day

 

NEW SAFETY BOAT

  • Comments that users very impressed, that it is very stable and manoeuvrable

 

AGM

  • Agenda to include constitutional change regarding potential winding up of the club

 

GRANTS UPDATE

  • Sports England has money from lottery.   Is there anything we could bid for, applications by 16th December.  Suggestions:
    • Safety boat hut (for another year, as permission would be required)
    • Replace one roller door
    • Slipway concreting, right hand side
    • Extension of jetty
  • Proposed Andrew investigates further submission of package to cover above, except hut.

 

BLUE-GREEN ALGAE - No further problems reported

 

WIND FARM UPDATE – No information available

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

  • Sea cadets have been leaving boat on the jetty – against terms of the lease and damage being caused

 

NEXT MEETING 6th February  7.30 PM Clubhouse before AGM

Login