KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION – MINUTES
COMMITTEE MEETING 7th November 2013
Present – Geoff, Andrew, Tony, Pete, Martin
Apologies – Ian, Geraldine, Chris, Joanne, Myles, Lydia, Paul
NEXT MEETING: 7:30PM prior to AGM
- Arrange annual bid to Banks Renewables
- Respond to prospective purchaser of old safety boat
- Andrew to look at submitting Sport England grant application for submission deadline deadline of 16th December
- Arrange access for Banks Renewables photographer and KSA help
- Arrange boat bonfire for work day on 2nd March
- Include piece on the new fee structure in Xmas newsletter
- Purchase wheel clamp for safety boat
- Arrange safety boat training for late March
- Cumbria police security cover for engine?
- Include item regarding constitutional change in AGM agenda
Minutes of meeting 12th September 2013 agreed
- Andrew provided copy of lease to Martin. Martin to review details for next meeting
- Boat insurance has been arranged
- Banks Renewables funds for safety boat:
- Geoff to arrange access for their photographer and KSA help.
- Andrew to raise annually proposals for further funding from them.
- Recent Westmorland Gazette article was very good
- Safetboat ‘bits’ – all bar wheel clamp done
- Pete to arrange safety boat training for late March. Existing drivers to be included for familiarisation with new boat.
- Cumbria police security cover – Pete to arrange?
- Geoff to organise boat bonfire for next workday – Sun 2nd March – wood boats only!
NEW FEE STRUCTURE
- Andrew & Ian’s proposal to the committee was discussed and approved. This was noted to include no change to unwaged fee or joining fee.
- To be announced to members in the Christmas Newsletter,
SALE OF OLD SAFETY BOAT
- Committee approved sale of old boat for £1600 if more not obtainable.
- Andrew to respond to prospective purchaser following day
NEW SAFETY BOAT
- Comments that users very impressed, that it is very stable and manoeuvrable
- Agenda to include constitutional change regarding potential winding up of the club
- Sports England has money from lottery. Is there anything we could bid for, applications by 16th December. Suggestions:
- Safety boat hut (for another year, as permission would be required)
- Replace one roller door
- Slipway concreting, right hand side
- Extension of jetty
- Proposed Andrew investigates further submission of package to cover above, except hut.
BLUE-GREEN ALGAE - No further problems reported
WIND FARM UPDATE – No information available
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Sea cadets have been leaving boat on the jetty – against terms of the lease and damage being caused
NEXT MEETING 6th February 7.30 PM Clubhouse before AGM