Minutes of pre-AGM Meeting 6th Feb 2020

 

ACTIONS from AGM

Andrew to investigate boat numbers re C&RT payments vs membership forms declaration of number of boats

Geoff to contact potential new membership secretaries and twist relevant arms

Geoff, myles, andrew to set up constitution working group

Geoff to add to member guidelines the need to register use of club craft in both electronic diary and paper logbooks

Myles to exhort volunteers for Laser open and try a sail day

ACTIONS FROM PRE AGM MEETING

Geoff and Ian to liaise with regard to IT requirements and to action

Geoff and Myles to meet with C&RT scientist along with cumbria canoeing

Geoff and Peter to plan workday installation of surface for RIB area

 

 

KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION – COMMITTEE MEETING

Pre AGM THURSDAY FEB 6TH

NEXT MEETING MAY 7TH AT 1930 AT BENDRIGG

 

 

PRESENT – Geoff, Andrew, Myles, Tony, David, Alasdair, Martin M,  Chris, Toby, Ian and Geraldine

APOLOGIES Pete L, Peter M, Martin B

 

SIMPLE AGENDA IN VIEW OF TIME CONSTRAINT WITH UPCOMING AGM

Prep for AGM – all happy with roles, reports

Constitution clause change – important that records kept of any actions taken under this new clause

2020 reviews – guidelines – are they practical, useful and correct?

                Constitution – working party of Geoff, andrew, myles

Members’ survey – one comment was “communications poor” – currently we have website, facebook, email, noticeboards. Should we install an external one with “current” notices – felt that there were enough methods already and somebody would have to ensure that it was current- no change felt necessary.

RIB area surfacing – peter had suggested gravelling this area – an alternative suggestion was to install gridded surface through which grass could grow AND onto area below the row of club boats. Geoff had investigated and found a price of £10 per square metre.  Geoff and peter to finalise this project

Previous minutes and actions –

Ian enquired of what exactly was needed on the IT front – there appeared to have been some miscommunication – Ian and Geoff to discuss separately and clarify – some urgency to check that all is working and to get weather station back up and running.

Workday – agreed that berth numbering and stickers would be done – one comment that no sticker would be put on a boat!

Simon McIlroy from Cumbria canoeing had contacted C&RT in regard to blue green algae and had set up a meeting with the chief Northern Area scientist to discuss the way forward – (Louie Ramsden) – dates offered for the meeting – report to follow.

 

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING MAY 7TH AT 1930 AT BENDRIGG

Login