KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING  

February 27 2011   

 

v     POSTPONED AGM HELD ON WORKDAY. 27TH FEBRUARY 2011

v     POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER AND INJURY!!

ACTIONS –

1/ Andrew to contact BWB re low water rebate

Present – Geoff, Myles, Tony, Ian , Geraldine, Andrew

Apologies  - Chris Bell, Martin , Paul Latham

Last Minutes – Agreed

Matters Arising – Nil

Chairman’s Report – referred to the copy circulated to the membership with rejoining information. 

Treasurer’s report – Spreadsheet attached as separate file

            Income roughly equal to previous years.

Expenditure – Electricity significantly reduced due to 3 year contract being entered into  

            Building works had seen windows repaired and door replaced

            No further new boats could be considered at present.

            Overall slight over spend of expenditure over income.

            Fees, as proposed in Chairman’s letter was universally approved – Voted by 100% of those present.

            Thanks to membership secretary and assistant for all the boring clerical work that goes into ensuring renewal of all memberships. 

            Had there been any low water rebate?  Have we put in formal request?  Representation had been made but nothing heard. They had apologized for not  notifying us of the intent to draw down the water.    Andrew to contact BWB 

Membership sec asked if floor polisher and web site fee had been included? Yes

Memb sec also pointed out that no membership stickers had been purchased this year.

Chairman identified Cess pit fees as being consistent over several years but could not explain why it had not risen!

Membership report

As printed

No 24 hour race fee had been paid due to demise of club Ent. 

Berths – what action to take for non identified boats?  Move to “junk” berth and later destroyed and/or otherwise liquidated.  Wondered if wording could be changed to WILL be moved. 

Racing report

Wednesday evenings very encouraging

Winter series in 2010 tailed off as the lake froze!

Elections

Paul Latham resigned

All committee members present were re-elected nem.con.

AOB

·        Myles to get rid of club Ent. And to have access to all the bits in it.

·        Ian asked if he could go ahead and change gate lock to combination lock but it was decided to leave this till next year.  Pointed out that cutting multiple keys is very expensive.   SO… use up remaining keys and then replace lock.

·        Approved to install outside notice board showing berth number list.   To show all people.  Proper waterproof board to be installed.

·        Site works – approval to reseal a few more of the double glazing units.

  back