MINUTES OF KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION

v  7th February pre AGM  MEETING 2013

v  222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

 

v  NEXT MEETING –  18th April - 7.30 pm at Bendrigg Lodge

 

v  Present -  Geoff , Lydia, Andrew, Pete, Myles,  Martin, Chris, Tony, Paul, Joanne

v   Apologies: Ian and Geraldine Downs

 

MATTERS ARISING

Geoff to contact Canal and river trust to enquire re discharge obligations of service station as part of a general enquiry re blue green algae – Discharge license researched for Service Station – they have one but details of licensed volume and discharged volume not known.

                        Will also ask them about the hydro project and any implications of water drawdown in dry months – Turbine will be on channel/spillway – so no effect on drawdown

Geoff will ask Joe if any ill effects of same blue green algae on fish/fishing – scientists contacted but no info yet

Geoff to check on lottery funding criteria that may be relevant to us. – see item on sport England application

 

Andrew to get back to Banks re turbulence issues of proposed windmills and whether we can piggy back any weather live feed. – not approached yet – waiting to see outcome  of planning permission – Planning due in March – apparently 11 for and >1000 against received by planners.

Andrew to contact Bob the computer man to enquire re CCTV

 

Tony - to cut grass – will do so in 2013

 

All comm members to supply Geoff (and Ian ) with dates on which volunteers should be solicited via Geoff’s widely read Chairman’s letter – Ian will email members re volunteers – nb Laser Ope

 

Pete to generate date for refresher powerboat training - ?

 

AN other to obtain a new Pico rudder for Club boat…… (Myles is willing to do so but wasn’t actually agreed at meeting!) – now sorted

 

v  Present -  Geoff , Lydia, Andrew, Pete, Myles,  Martin, Chris, Tony, Paul, Joanne

v   Apologies: Ian and Geraldine Downs

 

WORK DAY – Ideas for jobs?  (and new date of 24th Feb)

Audit for builders’ jobs

 

SLIPWAY – was “stoned” but chapter of interesting wrong stone size delivered – however dropoff on RHS has been eased.  Small aggregate stones to be installed when water drops.

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS – 1/ Sport England small grants appl for £10K for 2 x pico and 1 x vago – now successful

2/ Banks Community fund for £5K for RIB  - it, if successful, leaves us with no obligation to them.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY APRIL 18TH  at BENDRIGG LODGE

 

PUT IT IN YOUR DIARIES NOW.