KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION – MINUTES

COMMITTEE MEETING SEPTEMBER 12TH 2013

 

Present – Geoff, Andrew, Tony, Pete, Lydia, Paul

Apologies – Ian, Geraldine, Chris, Joanne, Myles

 

NEXT MEETING 7TH NOVEMBER 7.30 PM BENDRIGG

ACTIONS

 

ANDREW –

  • liaise with Martin over clubhouse lease
  • arrange insurance for safety boat, with Pete
  • liaise with Banks over press release and pictures (on training day and/or Bendrigg session and/or Ent NW Champs)
  • diarise annual grant applications to Banks
  • draw up proposals for an amended membership fee structure
  • apply weedkiller around site

 

GEOFF –

  • ask new cleaner to submit invoices regularly, and pass on committee’s thanks for good work

 

MYLES –

  • contact Westmorland Gazette about Sport England funded boats

 

PETE –

  • check and adjust buoy positioning prior to Enterprise NW Championships
  • ask Joe if Fishermans Car Park can be used for Ent event
  • make a safety boat cover, buy ball hitch lock and wheel clamp
  • arrange sale of old safety boat
  • arrange safety boat training in new vessel
  • arrange Police security cowling cover
  • explore possibility of fitting a tracker to new safety boat

 

IAN –

  • Report on situation with old boats alongside clubhouse

 

 

 

CHRIS –

  • arrange work on harbour timbers, and liaise with Pete on possible installation of mooring rings
  •  

 

ALL –

  • monitor safety boat launch/recovery weight issues – consider possible need for winch
  • report back any issues/ideas regarding pier crane

 

Minutes of meeting April 18th 2013 agreed

 

MATTERS ARISING

  • Clubhouse ownership details on lease – Andrew to liaise with Martin
  • Shower timer instructions no found – continue to supply 20p pieces to open meeting competitors as before
  • Myles has collected Sport England grant financed boats
  • Myles to contact Westmorland Gazette about new boats, to promote wider participation
  • Mis-positioned buoy has been sorted by Myles.  Pete to check and adjust buoy positioning prior to Enterprise NW Championships
  • No action to date sorting out old boats at side of clubhouse – refer to Ian
  • Harbour timber replacement – Chris has measured up and priced.  Chris to arrange work. Pete suggested installing a mooring ring immediately behind timbers, either side of the pier. Ask Chris to arrange this, liaising with Pete over positioning

 

AGENDA ITEMS:

 

NEW SAFETY BOAT

Banks grant of £4,500 awarded. Pete collected hull from Llanelli (or possibly Pwllheli), with new trailer. Engine now being fitted – complete boat will hopefully be ready for collection and use at the Ent NW  Champs.

 

  • Pete to make a cover, buy ball hitch lock and wheel clamp
  • Insurance – Andrew and Pete
  • Andrew to liaise with Banks over press release and pictures (on training day and/or Bendrigg session and/or Ent NW Champs)
  • Pete to arrange sale of old safety boat
  • Pete to arrange safety boat training in new vessel
  • Pete to arrange Police security cowling cover
  • Pete to explore possibility of fitting a tracker
  • All to monitor launch/recovery weight issues – consider possible need for winch

 

Committee expressed thanks to Pete for all his hard work on this matter.

 

GRANTS UPDATE

£10k Lottery grant spent on the purchase of two new Laser Picos and one new Laser Vago

£4.5k Banks grant spent on new safety boat

 

Agreed we should diarise annual grant applications to Banks – Andrew?

 

FEES FOR NON BOAT OWNER MEMBERS

General discussion – Agreed Andrew should draw up proposals for an amended, fairer fee structure that maintains overall costs but adjusts balance between membership fees and berthing fees.

 

CLUBHOUSE CLEANING

General agreement that there had been a big improvement.  Geoff to ask new cleaner to submit invoices regularly, and pass on committee’s thanks for good work.

 

MAINTENANCE

Andrew to apply weedkiller around site

 

BLUE GREEN ALGAE

No major algal blooms spotted or reported this year

 

HYDRO PROJECT UPDATE

Committee heard that neither proposed project would be likely to impact upon the club

 

WIND FARM UPDATE

No news

 

FAMILY DAY UPDATE

Committee expressed its thanks to Myles for his efforts in ensuring another successful Family Day event

 

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

  • General discussion about seized crane on the pier – no record of it causing any problems.  Committee members to report back any issues/ideas
  • Enterprise NW Area Championships 21-22 September – Pete reported that at least 20 competitors are expected to attend. Pete to ask Joe if Fishermans Car Park can be used
  • 24 Hour Race – Pete reported Killington had its best-ever result, 11th overall and fastest boat on the lake over timed lap.  Greatly raising profile of the club. Great teamwork by Chris, Greg, Jack, Millie, David, Lynn and Pete. Vote of thanks to Pete for year-on-year improvement

 

NEXT MEETING 7TH NOVEMBER 7.30 PM BENDRIGG