KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION – MINUTES

COMMITTEE MEETING APRIL 18TH 2013

 

Present – Geoff, Andrew, Myles, Tony, Chris, Pete

Apologies – Ian, Geraldine, Paul, Lydia

 

Last minutes agreed

Matters Arising – Grass not cut yet since not needed due to cold weather

          Pete powerboat training invoiced

 

NEXT MEETING 12TH SEPTEMBER 7.30 PM BENDRIGG

ACTIONS

ANDREW – liaise directly with martin on leases

          Liaise with Geoff on joint bendrigg/ksa statement to Banks

          Weedkill around clubhouse

 

GEOFF – liaise with les builder on various maintenance items below.

          Talk to Joe and generate gift and card to say thankyou

          Find new cleaner possibly from Bendrigg

          Check over shower timers- is time set properly- is there an overide

 

MYLES – Collect sport England boats

          Organise family day and solicit volunteers

          Contact Westmorland gazette to advertise new boat arrival

          Sort out rogue buoy

 

PETE – organise an on the water RIB assessment with Derek

 

Membership report – Membership renewals are strong – to date we have received £11230 in fees (this includes two new members).  There are (so far) nine members who have advised they will not be re-joining.  Of the fifteen who have not yet paid five definitely intend to remain as members – I am in email contact with all.  The amount of fees ‘in doubt’ from all fifteen is £1685.

 

Laser Open – Laser Open meeting on Saturday 13/4/2013 was a great success.  A breakdown of income/expenditure is as follows:

 

Income Expenditure

19 Entries at £10 each    190.00 

19 * 20p (shower money)        3.80

Myles - fuel         80.00

Tim - Sea Scouts donation for rescue    20.00

Tim - Laser Association at £1 each     19.00

Tim - Prizes etc.        44.00

 

Totals 190.00        166.80

Lots of people attended – thanks to Ian and Geraldine for catering and to Tim for all his organisation.  Some interest from visitors for Wed night sailing.  Whether 2014 will occur is a moot point since Tim has resigned from organiser’s role.

Constitution changes – proposed due to request from Sport England and cannot be put in place till AGM but in meantime committee approved proposed changes as below. 

AGENDA – 2014 – CONSTITUTION CHANGES

TO ADOPT CHANGES SUGGESTED BY SPORT ENGLAND RE QUORUM FOR VOTING (AMENDMENT TO PARA 12/ AND DISSOLUTION EVENTUALITY (NEW CLAUSE 33/ ) BOTH WORDED AS PER RYA MODEL CONSTITUTION

 

 

 

Quorum

Five members personally present shall form a quorum

at a meeting of the Committee.

 

 

Dissolution of the Club

If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the

Club there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and

liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall not

be paid to or distributed amongst the members of the

Club. The Committee shall dispose of the net assets

remaining to one or more of the following:

(i)            to another Club with similar sports purposes which

is a charity and/or

(ii)        to another Club with similar sports purposes which

is a registered CASC and / or

(iii)       to the sport’s National Governing Body for use by them for related Community Sports

CLEANING

Joe wishes to step down due to oldage/hips etc.  Geoff will visit and talk to him about it but will investigate possibility of one of Bendrigg cleaners being willing to take over.  Formal letter of thanks and farewell gift/card to be obtained for Joe. 

Thanks also expressed to Ian and Geraldine for their post workday hard work with radiators and floor.  Clubhouse looking very good. 

MAINTENANCE

Les (builder) will be visiting to inspect clubhouse with Geoff  and to action any problems eg male shower hose,

Some outdoor jobs still to do – weedkill around clubhouse – Andrew offered to do

Old boats down side of clubhouse need removing – 2 years since any actions at least

“Harbour” timber measured and will be purchased – to be installed once water drops – Geoff to action

Uprights on jetty to be inspected and then replaced/repaired – les to inspect and propose remedial action

Slipways to be finished with fine gravel once water has dropped

Windsurfer sails – Chris has small sail away being repaired and will sort through other windsurfing kit and sort out and/or jettison

Shelving/racking to be installed by 2nd roller door – sketch plan provided – Geoff to consult Les

Shower timer – length per 20p to be checked – override switch to be investigated for open meetings – Geoff will investigate

 

BLUE GREEN/GREEN ALGAE – Source of info at Waterways trust has gone quiet – Geoff will pursue – none visible at present but will surface as temperature rises

 

WINDFARM UPDATE – no further info on progress of planning  but there now exists a pro as well as an anti organisation. 

BANKS GRANT – now moved from national communityfund to Armistead fund which only has £12K pot to be shared between 2 small appl’#s and 2 larger ones (KSA and Bendrigg)- Geoff and Andrew to put heads together to put forward a joint statement to Banks. 

Banks grant for engine/RIB – Engine still not well and Pete to organise Derek to do an on water assessment for “deadspot” at mid throttle and cut out after prolonged idle.  New engine would benefit from hydraulic/electric lift. 

SPORT ENGLAND GRANT – granted £10K – acceptance paperwork has been returned.  Laser contacted and if all goes well Myles will collect at end of May from Northampton – 2 picos and 1 vago.  Will require extra insurance and 3 new berths.  Casterton will represent new sailors.  Once boats in place W’land gazette to be informed

 

AOB

1/ rogue buoy between A and 7 – to be cut off and/or a new higher buoy to be added. Risk to navigation!

2/ 26th May – family day – volunteers sought – advertised via RYA “push the boat out” site. 

3/ Andrew had brought leases along for martin to inspect in hope he would attend but will liaise directly with him. 

 

NEXT MEETING 12TH SEPTEMBER 7.30 PM BENDRIGG