MINUTES OF KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION

    MEETING 1st FEBRUARY 2007

Pre-AGM meeting 

  Present: Geoff Pardoe, Pete Lawson, Myles Ripley, Martin Metcalfe

Apologies: Chris Bell, Ian and Geraldine Downs, Paul and Lydia Holdsworth, Rob Blair, Andrew King

Matters arising from Actions required last time……

Derek and Andrew to explore deep cleaning of floor –

done – Geoff to action

Andy and Lydia to get banking interest info to Andrew –

Andrew has set up current account with 4% interest

Geoff to install heart attack location info notice –

had consulted with ambulance service who state that they know where we are so no need to

display notice

Geoff to invite canoeists and windsurfers to prepare a report and deliver it for AGM –

done – see AGM minutes

Pete Lawson to follow up on interested adults to run a youth section –

slight progress – more to come in due course.  The normal hoary chestnuts of legal liability if

any charges are made especially if non-members are involved. 

If it is voluntary and only involves members then it is OK.

Pete has someone in mind who might coordinate it.  Will probably be a slow build-up. 

Geoff to mastermind the water supply plumbing –

no further info at present

Andrew to investigate insurance and contract options for security alarms –

meeting had been held with FTS and has resulted in an upgrade to include automatic fire alarm

notification – but…. What happens if the alarm goes off when members present –

who can turn it off if a false alarm – a notice to phone the alarm company to be displayed

prominently. 

We have to have the cover to satisfy the insurance requirements. 

A back up battery time clock to be installed to avoid false alarms due to power cuts. 

 

PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ATTEND THE BELOW EVENTS…………

DATE OF WORK DAY – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL WORK

SUNDAY 25TH FEB – 10.00AM

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING WEDNESDAY 14th March 7.30PM

 

PUT IT IN YOUR DIARIES NOW.

 back