MINUTES OF KILLINGTON SAILING ASSOCIATION
Present - Geoff Pardoe, Myles Ripley, Ian and Geraldine Downs; Martin Metcalfe, Rob Blair, Paul and Lydia Holdsworth
Chris Bell, Pete Lawson, Andrew King
ROB/PAUL to install rest of racing buoys
MARTIN to investigate VHF legislation for possible radios
design gear rack pass plans to Geoff to action
chase Cedar house about removing wayfarer
ROB to ask
Pete to organize tree lopping Ian to provide loppers
GEOFF to further investigate anti slip
IAN to ask his sewage consultant friend for advice on
investigate push button flush mechanism for urinal
MARTIN to investigate water free urinals
LYDIA to investigate availability/cost of professional
PETE to get price for RIB trolley so that we could go
ahead and purchase
IAN to circulate membership with proposed race and try a
sail day _ (done)
Matters arising from Actions required last time
Deep cleaning of floor to be done at beginning of next week
Andrew has set up current
account with 4% interest
Geoff has installed heart
attack location info notice
Pete Lawson to follow up on interested adults to run a youth section
progress has been made and Charles and Elaine Blackett-Ord have
indicated willingness to help.
Water supply plumbing has now been connected and sorted. Geoff advises a couple omore weeks of no drinking water while the pipes are flushed through
Automatic fire alarm notification has now been adopted and the security
alarm automatic call out has been cancelled without any adverse effect on our
insurance. Geoff asked for more
volunteers for the call out list Myles offered. A back up battery time clock
has been installed to avoid false alarms due to powercuts.
There is still a fault with the door to be sorted.
arising from November
buoys to be finalized still awaited Rob and Paul will do it. Some
confusion about buoys rescued from stranding at bottom of lake but if so, where
talkies had not been used but had been made available.
Martin to investigate new VHF legislation to assess whether we could use
rack needs to be done Rob to draw up a design to pass to Geoff to get a
contractor to do it.
to chase Cedar house again to remove wayfarer
had been sorted
pruning not yet done. the overhanging branches down by the water were
the problem. Ian offered to provide
some tree loppers and Rob was to aske Pete to organise. If not feasible, a tree surgeon might have to be
slip Geoff had got some samples but had forgotten to bring them. Slats to be cut to fit existing planks and then
screwed/glued in place. Geoff will
tank aka Klargester had been emptied but still some liquid in. Alarm still sounding was it gummed up with S**T? Ian
knew a sewage consultant and offered to get his advice with a possible site
thanked everyone very much for their hard work which had achieved a lot.
The Mrs Mops had requested a long feather duster which he had
invested in. Lydia enquired whether
we needed a professional cleaner to spring clean the clubhouse occasionally eg
just before Open meetings? She
offered to enquire of availability and cost.
She also displayed an unhealthy knowledge of the male urinal which
generated a lot of discussion which resulted in Martin to enquire of water free
urinals and Ians sewage friend to be further asked for advice.
Geoff would investigate cost/feasibility of a push button flush mechanism
asked if we could buy a yard brush Geoff would get one.
Berth lists handed over to Paul and Lydia. Ownership of unmarked Topaz enquired of? Nobody knew.
signs had the template for the transom stickers. Yellow boat in NE corner blown
over but tie down rope was rotten. Member to be informed.
76 had rejoined, 27 still awaited, 3 resigned including one who unfortunately felt that too many bits had been removed from their boat.
had agreed special membership terms for Lancaster Sea Scouts and Kendal Sea
cadets committee approved.
A long discussion of the way forward. All
agreed that weekly was non-viable and even that monthly might not work.
Proposal to float a one off family race day sometime in June/july/Aug
would be a good way of trying to get a date that suited a majority.
Then we could plan it. Ian
offered to circulate all the dinghy members with this request (DONE).
A SAIL DAY postponed discussion from AGM Was August the right date?
Did we still need to run it? Probably
better earlier in season. Myles
would not be available to run it until school term over and proposed w/e of 7/8
July. Ian kindly agreed to
circulate this proposal as well but unfortunately the email that went out
mentioned August when Myles would not be available!
TROLLEY Myles asked Rob to remind Pete to get price for a new trolley that
we could purchase.
TRAINING the advertised Kendal College course instructed by Pete Lawson was
queried but it was agreed that anything that promoted the sport of sailing was
good for us to be associated with. It is on the website.
12 HOUR RACE Rob informed the meeting that it was likely that a KSA team
would be entering this new race at Southport on final w/e in April
Andrew had asked for someone to volunteer for this.
Martin indicated that he might be willing and would communicate with
Andrew to assess the degree of commitment required.
NEXT MEETING Monday 25th June 7.30 PM