DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY FEB 7th at the CLUBHOUSE preAGM
to contact Canal and river trust to enquire re discharge obligations of
service station as part of a general enquiry re blue green algae
Will also ask them about the hydro project and any implications of water drawdown in dry months
Geoff will ask Joe if any ill effects of same blue
green algae on fish/fishing
Geoff to check on lottery funding criteria that may
be relevant to us.
Andrew to get back to Banks re turbulence issues of proposed windmills and
whether we can piggyback any weather live feed.
Andrew to contact Bob the computer man to enquire re
Tony to contact Orton re rowing boat
Also to cut grass
comm members to supply Geoff (and Ian) with dates on which
volunteers should be solicited via Geoff’s widely read Chairman’s letter
Pete to generate date for refresher powerboat training
other to obtain a new Pico rudder for Club boat…… (Myles is willing to do
so but wasn’t actually agreed at meeting!)
Present - Geoff , Lydia, Andrew,
Pete, Myles, Martin, Chris,Tony
Apologies: Ian and Geraldine Downs, Paul Latham
Actions required from last meeting–
Ian to research noticeboard – nothing heard but committee decided to
cancel this action
Membership had been emailed and website notified of family days in
July/August which had happened
Geoff will review double glazing units and inform Andrew at end of year
Ladies shower had been sorted
Webcam – see later agenda item
Ent Sept event – no longer relevant but hadn’t happened
Nothing further had been heard of Orton rowing boat request so Tony volunteered to approach them
meeting had happened – Myles in attendance
– projects solicited
West side of car park needs renewing – nem con
cutting needed – Tony volunteered
Some fire alarm problems had been reported but since have stopped
Request to improve RH slip – the one running roughly NW. Andrew to contact builder and to liaise with Martin for a site visit
Blue Green algae – Geoff had liaised with a site visit by FBA
- 4 diff types were observed (and no green algae) .
Not clear why so bad in last 2 years but some hypothesis that a
population had built up in mud. BWB
don’t seem concerned. Jack Lawson
has suffered as has Lydia. Ideas
mooted about Service station sewage plant -
could we find out what discharge license they have?
Geoff will contact Canals and Rivers Trust.
Would contacting RYA be useful? Anglers
– any adverse effects? Geoff will
Wind farm – mast is up and planning permission for 3 turbines
has been submitted. KSA stance is
neutral at present. Andrew
concerned that nobody from Banks
had come back to him re turbulence effects which may adversely affect sailng in
north end of lake. While in contact
with them to obtain answer, might suggest being able to access their wind data
esp if live feed possible.
turbine project being investigated – feasibility study for BWB – ongoing –
will this have any draw down effect on lake in dry months when lake level is
low? Geoff will contact Canal and
rivers trust to enquire.
CCTV – Committee agreed to halt the arrangements with Chris since
progress was minimal. However there was still a desire on both security and
“conditions” knowledge basis to investigate feasibility.
Andrew will contact Bob the computer to enquire.
Using the mast on Joe’s land seems a sensible location for one camera.
AGM – agreed to format agenda in normal fashion.
7th Feb 8pm in Clubhouse
should ask for volunteers for specific events (see item below for dates proposed
powerboat training was agreed – Pete to come up with some dates.
April – Laser racing – Tim Luke in charge
June – a Family day (Myles to organize)
Other family / training days wanted but Myles not available to
run./assist next summer
September 24 hour race
days in June/July and August had all happened successfully
evening racing proceeding with 57 of 60 scheduled races occurring with last ones
coming up this Wed
racing discussed – Lydia to organize a Sat pm series starting in approx. 3
Luke is proposing a 8/9th Dec Winter weekend as well as Lydia’s
Saturday series –
Both presumed to be informal laser 1 racing – run from on the water
hour race very successful with Killington coming 17th overall and 4th
Ent at one stage. Had to borrow
some other people to make up team who paid for the privilege! Young team members
spent hours preparing the boat which is showing its “age”….
8/ Membership – - agreed not to issue memb cards next year
Membership is healthy
Since the AGM we have had 17 new members who have contributed £2360.00
them they have brought
members have no craft.
total we now have 90 active members of whom 7 are honorary members.
Myles asked that pico rudder currently on yellow pico should be returned
to Sedbergh – agreed but will wait till a new one is acquired….. In future
any damage to club boats should be claimed on insurance ASAP if the price of the
item is worth risking a rise in our premium….. eg this would not have been
worth claiming for. Need for any
user of boats to be reasonably competent in rigging boats so that this sort of
loss is not replicated…… Pete offered to drill out new pintle and fit a bolt
permanently so that could not be removed from boat.
Lottery funds – small grants – apparently quite available so Geoff
will check criteria and consult
Eric Twiname funding for donation -
agreed by all that we should contribute towards a member of the Trust running in
the Great South run.
Geoff proposed that our next meeting should be the pre AGM meeting on Feb
7th at 7.30 in the clubhouse
And that the Workday should be on 1st Sunday in March 3rd
– please put these dates in your diary now
OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY FEB 7th at the CLUBHOUSE preAGM